Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pushed to the Limit!!!



I am SO tired of talking about this now! Don't get me wrong here, these past few months in class has opened my eyes to many things I couldn't even begin to imagine was true, and it has made me feel as though with the knowledge I've gained also came with the responsibility of spreading it for the better. I actually believe that each book we read and every discussion we have, being it the same topic or not, I learn a whole new concept of just what injustice is. But I'm like COME ON...is anybody else in this class getting tired of hearing new degrees of B.S. by the same immoral bastards (I know I'm not alone here, even if it's just me and Dr. Webb). So, excuse my French (because I'm clearly speaking English) but I WISH PEOPLE WOULD LEAVE AFRICA THE F*** ALONE!!!


(Oh and by the way...I started with this picture of me because I wanted a more visual way to imagine me STOMPING A MUD-HOLE in a corrupt jerk)

I'm sorry to seem so much like the typical "angry black man," but The happenings concerning African history as well as the wrong doings that continue to plague them today. I mean with all that occurred during colonization in African should be enough, but it gets worse even after colonization with the development of bigger business. So it's gone from slavery in exchange for natural resources such as rubber and diamonds, to the essence of imprisonment (being held captive in your own home which has been destroyed agriculturally, economically, politically, and culturally) for the natural resource of the 21st century...OIL! (This still leaves out the things that go on within the native cities due to what others have done/ i.e. poverty, rebels, child soldiers, etc.)

Maybe this was a waste of a blog, or maybe I'm just thinking too much with my heart instead of my brain. Yet I feel as though my anger is justified due to the fact that these injustices have happened, and continue to happen to this very day for SOME ONE ELSE'S PROFIT. These native people have been held hostage as slaves and prison mates for centuries now, and I for one am tired of it being that way. After this course, I hope to find out information of what's gone wrong in Africa, and even more information on what do do to help.

No comments: