Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Catch me on campus with a Spider-Man backpack... You know me, just your friendly neighborhood rhyme-slinger!!!


The young man you see here is none other than Brady L. Bennett (or as you can see from the picture, Brady Backpackin' Bennett in accordance to the almighty Facebook.com), a second year journalism major from Detroit MI. Most people who make formal introductions normally follow with the basic cute, cuddly description of themselves. You know..."I enjoy long walks on the beach and watching the sunset," things like that! Well, that's exactly what your NOT going to get from me! Lets be real! I'm not trying to waist my time on coming up with a bunch of lies for people to think I'm such a great person, and you as the readers aren't trying to hear it! So as you can see now that I'm not the conventional person, we can get to the facts.

I'm your typical 19 year old college guy. You know, hard headed and sometimes reckless with his decisions. Don't get me wrong, I'm as nice as the male leads in your favorite chick flicks that make the guys envious, and the girls dream up fairy tale lives of riding off in the sunset with their knight in shinning armor. The question is, who can be that way 24-7!? So from time to time I'm a hot head who makes it his way or no way at all, but overall I'm a gentleman. As you can see both through my major in which I stated previously, and by the length of this blog that I love to talk (and listen as well.) I enjoy sports such as basketball, and the latest activities I've deemed sports which I'm sure you'll agree with, eating and sleeping! (maybe not eating because that one guy who you catch on your daily tabloid shows with highlights of him destroying hot dogs has made due.)

I also love to listen, write, and produce music. I'm actually in the process of completing my first professionally made Hip Hop album which I'm very excited about (hence the title of this little banter.) It's a project I've been working on for about 2 years now with my friend Kyle Clifford (A music producer who goes by the name Mr. Vinyl),who attends Wayne State University. He's making great strides because not too long ago he signed with a independent record company as part of its production team, which really helps our progress. The name of the album will be "A Mic Unplugged" under our group name "The Mute." (there's a picture from our latest photo shoot!) Hopefully we can get everything done soon, so keep your ears open for us. Yet, to keep this description of me as short as possible, you'll have to ask me for the rest. I'm sure you can find me to ask what you want to know. Just be sure to check for a Spider-Man backpack!

3 comments:

Allen Webb said...

Great intro, Spidey.

Peter Larr said...

You should get on widr and such, maybe talk to DJ Brigham Young, they usually need people to open on freestyle contests. Gotta support local rap.

Katthoms said...

Good luck with your record deal. You'll have to post some clips of your work. And I love your backpack, I have a MARVEL superheroes backpack, but unlike you I get weird looks carrying it around campus.