Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Jim Carey's Got Nothing On Me!!!"


I was very intrigued by all of what I saw once I had finished my "rebirth", and awakened in a virtual world as a completely different person, but this picture in particular caught my eye. The first thought (Though it may have been wrong to do so) was "Wow, how is he holding up that heavy looking mask with such a feeble looking body!?" It was a thought that made me laugh to myself for a minute, but shortly after I thought "I wonder how much better I could even hold that up on my head, if at all!?"

You see, the point I"m trying to make is that although we exist as one species, we live as many different people. What would give me the right to even comment on a culture I know virtually nothing about. What I thought was funny to see, may be the very thing that defines manhood, pride, accomplishment, or celebration in this man's world.

So as I came across all of these thoughts it made me more focused to learn of not only this culture, but as many cultures as I can because I feel for someone to build their world, they must first understand the worlds around them. So I plan to learn from these worlds, because I may never know whose learning from mine!

1 comment:

Allen Webb said...

I agree that this is an interesting picture. I wonder if it was "posed" or a candid shot...

Oh, and I get the film reference!